Wednesday 15 September 2010

Know what you want



Today I attended my last Toastmasters meeting, at least in NZ. Eco city Toastmasters Club will continue on, despite the dissolution of Waitakere City Council but its membership will be somewhat different. I delivered my final speech "Know what you want" which seemed well received. I enjoyed connecting with my fellow members. We know each other well and the club has really brought out a new dimension in my life. I have more confidence in public speaking and often enjoy it. Being able to think on your feet is a really useful skill to develop.

I don't know if I will take up Toastmasters in France. There are several clubs in central Paris but nothing near where I will live or work. I don't know what will happen to any of the interests and hobbies I developed in NZ. I'll just have to accept what happens and look for opportunities, whatever they turn out to be. So for now, I'll be content with my Competent Communicator and Advanced Leader awards from Toastmasters International. I'd thoroughly recommend joining a club for personal and professional development at an affordable price.

Photos taken at the the Toastmasters conference 2007: With world champion Dr Randy Harvey (USA) and winning the national silver medal for impromptu speaking

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, contributions and feedback.